If you love pumpkin or winter squash ~ you
will love Organic Chef Tom’s Spice Muffins!
Makes 18 Muffins
1½ cup unbleached white flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry
½ cup cornmeal
2½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon, ground
¼ tsp ginger, ground
¼ tsp cloves, ground
¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
¾ cup soymilk
1 Tbsp lemon juice (half of lemon)
½ cup safflower oil
1 cup pumpkin puree (Farmer’s Market)
OR ~ butternut squash
½ cup sweetener (maple or rice syrup, barley malt)
Sprinkle of organic raw, hulled pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
3. In a 4 cup measuring cup or medium bowl, mix wet ingredients together with a whisk, blender or spoon.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix well with a whisk or spoon until well blended.
5. Fill muffin tin lined with unbleached paper baking cups (for easy removal and clean up) or oiled muffin pan filling about three quarters full.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven,
cool and enjoy!
Add ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans to mixed batter before baking.
• Add ½ cup chocolate or carob chips to batter before baking.
• Use same recipe to make two 9-inch pumpkin cakes. Add about 5 more minutes to baking time.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Organic Chef Tom has been cooking natural foods for over 35 years. He has cooked in natural restaurants across the USA including the East West Cookery in New York City, 7th Inn in Boston, The Unicorn in Miami Beach and his own restaurant, The Garden Cookery in Maine. He owns and operates Natural Lifestyle Online Market with his family in Asheville, North Carolina.
Copyright © Organic Chef Tom 2012
Recipe may not be reprinted without permission. Contact Organic Chef Tom
Organic Chef Tom’s
Pumpkin Spice Muffins